Tempting Raw Honey Chocolate Cake
Chocolate cakes have a huge fan base and are unusually tempting for all age groups. Statistically, around twelve percent of gym freaks tend to go to consume chocolate cakes on their cheat days, and indeed some create cheat hours for chocolate cakes. Geohoney found an interesting way to bake this yum cake with the goodness of raw honey and all its health benefits. Won’t it be amazing then? Of course. So here is a quick recipe for the raw honey chocolate cake for a serve of 10 slices.
Take out all the ingredients and bring them to room temperature, if they are refrigerated.
- 100 grams dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 275 grams brown sugar
- 225 grams butter
- 125 millilitres raw honey
- 2 large eggs
- 200 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 250 millilitres boiling water
Let's Bake the Cake:
- Melt the dark chocolate first and keep aside for it to cool.
- Preheat the oven at 4/180°C/160°C and take a 9-inch cake tin and cover it with butter.
- Beat together the sugar and butter till they turn airy and creamy, then, add the raw honey. Add the eggs one after the other simultaneously beating them with a tablespoon of the flour each.
- Pleat the melted chocolate and add the rest of the flour along with baking soda or bicarbonate of soda. Add the cocoa powder after straining to ensure no lump formation.
- Beat the mixture in the boiling water. Mix all of it well to prepare a smooth batter and pour into the prepared tin. Bake for around an hour and a half checking the cake after 45 minutes to know the status.
- Ensure that you give the cake proper time to cool down before taking it out of the tin. If you are in a hurry, you can as well, put the tin in ice-water filled container.
Now, if you wish to cover the cake with raw honey based glossy icing follow the instructions below.
FOR THE STICKY HONEY GLAZEICING (optional)
You will need: 60 millilitres water, 125 millilitres raw honey, 175 grams dark chocolate, 75 grams icing sugar
Do it this way: To make the glaze, mix the water and honey and boil them in a saucepan, turn off the heat and add the finely chopped chocolate, churning it around to dissolve in the hot mixture. Sieve in the icing sugar and whisk again till smooth. Now, take a plate and cover it with a butter paper to avoid icing dropping off here and there. Place the cake in the centre upside down and pour the icing raw honey chocolate cake and smooth it down the sides. Place the cake in the refrigerator after cleaning the icing mess.
This is a perfect raw honey chocolate cake for all occasions. Geohoney, the world’s best honey business, suggests you refrigerate the cake at least one hour before serving and using the white honey for this cake as it is smooth and can be perfectly applied. Finally, take your tasty meals towards a healthy path with perfect raw honey benefits.