Fresh Honey Crumpets – A Perfect Weekend Brunch (November 16, 2022)
Homemade crumpets are a lovely snack that can be devoured anytime. Nothing can beat the deliciousness & sweetness of these crumpets drizzled with burnt honey butter. For people looking for a mouth-watering recipe to have in weekend brunch, these crumpets are the right option. Let’s start with knowing the ingredients.
Required Ingredients –
Plain Flour – 200 gm
Milk – 250 ml
Dried Yeast – 1 tsp
Vegetable Oil – 2 tbsp, plus extra for greasing
Golden Caster Sugar – 1 tsp
For Burnt Honey Butter –
Honey – 5 tbsp
Unsalted Butter – 140 gm
1. Take a small pan and place it on medium heat. Pour milk into it and heat it until it starts to bubble around the edges. Remove it from the flame and let it cool.
2. In a large bowl, put the flour, yeast, sugar, and ½ tsp fine salt and gradually mix the cooled milk into it to make a smooth batter.
3. Cover the batter for about 1 hr – 1hr 30 mins, until it becomes double in size & bubbly.
4. Next, take a small saucepan, and heat the honey over medium heat until it turns golden brown. Using a beater, beat the butter in a large bowl until it turns fluffy and pale.
5. Add a large pinch of sea salt to it, and then fold in the warm honey. Cool this honey butter by keeping it aside.
6. Heat a large non-stick pan over low-medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil, and put the 4 x 9cm metal cooks’ rings in the pan by greasing them from inside.
7. Spoon the batter into the rings carefully until they are half full.
8. Let the crumpets cook slowly for about 10-15 mins until the bubbles on top have all popped.
9. Remove the rings carefully. Now transfer the crumpets to a baking sheet and grill them until the tops are golden brown.
10. Serve these delicious crumpets with burnt honey butter.
11. These crumpets can also be made in advance and stored.
These honey butter crumpets require a little time, but it is worth making. Use Geohoney’s 100% pure & raw honey to enhance the taste of these beautiful treats. Cook them and serve them to your family & friends and we bet they will surely love this!